Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Wallet III and curtain hemming

Years ago Mike bought me a cloth wallet. It was probably made of bed sheets fabric, floral and pretty.   I loved it so much when it began to fall apart i took it apart and used it as a pattern to make a new one. 
A few months ago I noticed how my second wallet was very faded and worn. 
So today I ripped that wallet apart carefully and went about making a new one. I added more interfacing hoping the new one will maybe last a little longer. (It seems really thick now, maybe i did too much interfacing?)

After i had sewed it all together i realized i had made one mistake. When you have all the pieces seperate it can be hard to picture how to sew it back together and what order to sew things in. 
Preparing...
This is braided elastic. It is pulling too tight even with some interfacing but maybe it will relax someday? 
My mistake: The inside panels should go all the way to the top. Oops. I decided to just sew the top of them down, which creates the hidden side pockets under each side, the zipper and card pockets. Probably hard to picture that sorry! 
I guess i would say i am 90% happy. Like i feel rather than ripping it all out i should just make a few more with the scraps i have and maybe write down the directions clearer since i make them only every few years. 

The Original wallet was made by Jill Bliss who makes awesome drawings and stuff! http://jillbliss.com

While making it i listened to The Shop on Blossom Street, by Debbie Macomber which is a knitting shop drama. Ha. I have listened to two other books of that type and this one was a lot less cheesy. It held my attention. 

Here is a picture of our hemmed living room curtains which were originally to the floor since they are from Ikea. There is also a second set of white curtains hiding  behind them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment