Monday, July 11, 2016

Puppy and projects

I made a puppy! From the book Softies by Therese Laskey. 
It was really fun. If i made it again i would probably machine sew some of it. Also the belly fabric pattern was not really the right size and i had to trim that down. 
It is a birthday present. Fun to use up scraps!

Today i have been cleaning the craft room. I moved my light box and a sewing machine off of my other work table. Hopefully that will help me have more of a workspace to actually work on stuff! 
Currently i have projects laid out. It is so easy for me to start a new project and set other aside. 
(On the table are piles which represent: wallet, kleenex travel pouch, placemats, hexagon quilt pieces, yarn of the month knitting, and the big pile of fabric, some quilt triangles)

I recently got a lot of quilting fabric, smaller pieces and so yesterday i spent a few hours cutting out triangles. 
I think i will go with this arrow design. I am thinking i may frame each block with a border. We'll see! 

Not pictured: A dress i bought that i love but need to alter the shoulders since i am short. And another knitted present... Shh...
I also ordered these awesome labels!! Can't wait for upcoming projects to add these to! 

I recently signed up on Instagram. It is so inspiring to see crafty stuff and you can search quilting photos etc. I am tired of the negativity of Facebook and so far instagram has been fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment