Monday, April 23, 2012

Springtime

I'm trying to work a little more on my website. I know it's not a very exciting site, but still nice to have a place to show photos (even though they're not the best photos). I know it has not been updated that much lately. sad, huh.

Last Sunday I spent a few hours working on my Clothing Book. I started it in 2009, so you know, it should be finished by now. I would love to make some sort of nerdy graph or something about how my clothes have changed from 2009 to 2012. I have gotten rid of a lot of them... specifically T shirts from high school...i had soo many, and now my new goal is to try to make non T shirt shirts, or buy them.

Also I am trying to think of what to do with my Stash. Maybe almost half is quilt squares that are already cut out. I guess that is good...I just need to find time to sew quilts. The rest of my Stash is small-ish pieces. I can use them for small projects but not really enough to make garments I guess.

Here's a project I will probably do:

A Wrist Rest for at the computer. I probably do need one, and it will be good for small pieces.
While I was researching a little bit about stash projects other people have done, I found this site.

Today I started a knit rag rug. I have braided and sewn rag rugs, but never knitted one. It is really hard on the hands and wrists so I will have to work on it in smaller doses.  I'm using about 1 1/2 inch strips of fabric, and size 13 needles. (probably 15s or larger would be easier) So far it has been fun, but I have decided against flannel scraps, as it makes it too thick. It's about 17 inches wide, and I guess we'll just have to see how long I can make it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment